Exterior Insulation and Finishing System (EIFS) is a type of building exterior wall cladding system that provides exterior walls with an insulated finished surface and waterproofing in an integrated composite material system. EIFS is a lightweight synthetic wall cladding that includes foam plastic insulation and thin synthetic
There are three (basic) layers to EIFS:
- Inner Layer Foam/Rigid Insulation Board that’s secured to the exterior wall surface, often with adhesive (in front of drainage track).
- Middle Layer, a polymer and cement base coat that’s applied to the top of the insulation, then reinforced with glass fiber mesh.
- Exterior Layer, a textured finish coat.
Below is a diagrammatic view of the EIFS:
BENEFITS OF EIFS
The growing popularity of EIFS is due to the fact that few, if any, competitive materials offer such a wide range of desirable product benefits. Chief among these are superior energy efficiency and virtually unlimited design flexibility.
Energy Efficiency If you’ve ever felt the comfort of being wrapped in a warm blanket on a cold winter night, you have some idea of what EIFS can do for a home or building.
EIFS literally wrap the exterior in an energy-efficient thermal blanket. By insulating outside the structure, EIFS reduce air infiltration, stabilize the interior environment and reduce energy consumption.
Benefits & Advantages of using EIFS:
- Preserves the core wall & stays dry with drainage track system.
- Gives elegant look and can instantly increase curb appeal. Provide long lasting beauty.
- Advantages to natural stucco include fire resistance.
- Is very low maintenance.
- Final finish is 100% acrylic, long-lasting and waterproof.
- Provides Insulation, a high degree of Energy Efficiency & Savings.
The more you insulate, the more you save on monthly utilities & cash in on green dollars from the Federal and Ontario governments.
Your walls are the biggest source of heat loss in your home (accounting for up to 35%). This is primarily due to 2 reasons: air leakage and heat loss (or gain).
Insulating the exterior walls with EIFS decreases this heat flow by providing a continuous barrier to the flow of heat, via insulation and an air-flow resistant barrier.
Select your average monthly energy costs from the drop-down menu below to calculate how much money you can save over just the first 10 years on heating bills if you were to reduce your heating and cooling bills by just 35%.
Art Moldings & Fiberglas Mesh Advantages:
- 1. Mouldings and decorative trims offer a cost-effective refresher in any exterior.
- 2. As building and design trends lean toward contemporary angular shapes and a restorative approach to older buildings, architectural details like crown mouldings, ceiling domes, medallions and corbels hide structural features while adding a unique finishing touch.
- 3. Combining old world designs with modern technology, Iconoplast creates plaster and Fiberglas reinforced gypsum cement details such as columns, rosettes, arches and domes in styles ranging from Egyptian, Greco-Roman, Neo-Classical and Art Deco.
- 4. Glass reinforced gypsum and cement, PVC and EPS foam are just a few materials making these classic systems easy to install, limitless in custom possibilities and adaptable to any style.
For any kind of stucco work, EPF Stucco is the best choice for your residential, commercial & industrial. Whether you are looking for a small renovation or restoration or have update the look of your home in your mind, we have the experience and expertise to make your dream come true. EPF Stucco cares about each customer and project whether small or big and gives the best prices. EPF Stucco uses the best & quality materials from well know manufacturer companies in the Stucco industry. Our people know stucco, waterproofing, restoration products and specialize in winter exterior installation. We also do:
- NON EIFS stucco for interior and exterior surfaces & walls.
- Exterior caulking sealing & EIFS stucco installation.
- Install scaffolds, mask windows, doors, place tarps and remove all stucco related debris.
- We specialize in designing moulding, repairing, restoring Stucco & Exterior Insulation & Finish Systems, as well as plastering and moulding for residential, commercial & industrial.
- We are insured. We are multi talented & provide a great service for the best price & prompt execution of works.